- BSc in Environmental Biology, School of Biology, University of Patras (2001-2005)
- MSc in Ecology, Biodiversity and Environmental Management, School of Biology, University of Patras (2006-2008)
- PhD Candidate in Environmental flows, Ecohydraulics – Hydrodynamic habitat modelling based on freshwater macroinvertebrates (2015-current)
Since 2013 he holds a position as a research assistant (benthic-invertebrates expert) in the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research. During 2006 he had held a position as a research assistant in the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research. During 2005-2008 he had held a position as a technical assistant in the School of Biology, University of Patras.
During 2006-2008 he had held a position as a research associate in the School of Biology, University of Patras.
He has research interests on (i) environmental flows, ecohydraulics, hydrodynamic habitat modelling, (ii) ecological quality monitoring and assessment of surface waters (iii) implementation of the Water Framework Directive 2000/60/EU, (iv) toxicity evaluation of wastewaters by the use of biological indices, (v) sampling and identification of benthic macroinvertebrates, (vi) fisheries quality assessment – food quality assessment, (vi) assessment of drinking water quality.
He has participated in 7 national and international projects. He has contributed 17 papers in peer-reviewed journals, as well as 7 other publications (conference proceedings).
- Theodoropoulos C., Skoulikidis N., Stamou A., Dimitriou E., 2018. Spatiotemporal variation in benthic-invertebrates-based physical habitat modelling: Can we use generic instead of local and season-specific habitat suitability criteria? Water 10, 1508. doi:10.3390/w10111508.
- Theodoropoulos C., Georgalas S., Mamassis N., Stamou A., Rutschmann P. and Skoulikidis N., 2018. Comparing environmental flow scenarios from hydrological methods, legislation guidelines and hydrodynamic habitat models downstream of the Marathon Dam (Attica, Greece). Ecohydrology e2019. doi:10.1002/eco.2019.
- Theodoropoulos C., Skoulikidis N., Rutschmann P. and Stamou A., 2018. Ecosystem-based environmental flow assessment in a Greek regulated river with the use of 2D hydrodynamic habitat modelling. River Research and Applications 34, 538-547.
- Karaouzas , Theodoropoulos C., Vardakas L., Kalogianni E. and Skoulikidis N., 2018. A review of the effects of pollution and water scarcity on the stream biota of an intermittent Mediterranean basin. River Research and Applications 34, 291-299. doi:10.1002/rra.3254.
- Theodoropoulos C., Vourka A., Skoulikidis N., Rutschmann P. and Stamou A., 2018. Evaluating the performance of habitat models for predicting the environmental flow requirements of benthic macroinvertebrates. Journal of Ecohydraulics (in press). doi:10.1080/24705357.2018.1440360.
- Theodoropoulos C., Vourka A., Stamou A., Rutschmann P. and Skoulikidis N., 2017. Response of freshwater macroinvertebrates to rainfall-induced high flows: A hydroecological approach. Ecological Indicators 73, 432-442.
- Theodoropoulos C., Skoulikidis N. and Stamou A., 2016. Habfuzz – a tool to calculate the hydraulic habitat suitability using fuzzy logic and fuzzy Bayesian inference. The Journal of Open Source Software 1(6), 82.
- Iliopoulou-Georgudaki J., Theodoropoulos C., Konstantinopoulos P. and Georgoudaki E., 2016. Sustainable tourism development including the enhancement of cultural heritage in the city of Nafpaktos – Western Greece. International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Ecology 24, 224-235.
- Iliopoulou-Georgudaki J., Kalogeras A.P., Konstantinopoulos P. and Theodoropoulos C., Sustainable tourism management and development of a Greek coastal municipality. International Journal of Sustainable Development and World Ecology 23, 143-153.
- Theodoropoulos C., Aspridis D. and Iliopoulou-Georgudaki J., 2015. The influence of land use on freshwater macroinvertebrates in a regulated and temporary Mediterranean river system. Hydrobiologia 751, 201-213.
- Rouvalis A., Theodoropoulos C. and Iliopoulou-Georgudaki J., 2013. Assessment of toxicity of the untreated and Pleurotus ostreatus treated olive mill wastewater by using microbiotests. International Journal of Environmental Engineering 5, 373-386.
- Venieri , Theodoropoulos C., Lagkadinou M. and Iliopoulou-Georgudaki J., 2013. Effects of ice and seawater storing conditions on the sensory, chemical and microbiological quality of the mediterranean Hake (Merluccius merluccius) during post-catch handling and distribution. International Journal of Food Science and Engineering 7, 782-787.
- Theodoropoulos C. and Iliopoulou-Georgudaki J., 2010. Response of biota to land use changes and water quality degradation in two medium-sized river basins in southwestern Greece. Ecological Indicators 10, 1231-1238.
- Karadima C., Theodoropoulos C., Rouvalis A. and Iliopoulou-Georgudaki J., 2010. Ecological risk assessment of cheese whey effluents along a medium-sized river in southwest Greece. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A 45, 775-781.
- Iliopoulou-Georgudaki J., Theodoropoulos C., Venieri D. and Lagkadinou M., 2009. A model predicting the microbiological quality of aquacultured sea bream (Sparus aurata) according to physicochemical data: An application in Western Greece fish aquaculture. International Journal of Biological and Life Sciences 5, 1-8.
- Karadima C., Theodoropoulos C. and Iliopoulou-Georgudaki J., 2009. Environmental hazard assessment of cheese manufacturing effluent treated for hydrogen production. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 83, 428-434.
- Rouvalis A., Karadima C., Theodoropoulos C., Lagkadinou M. and Iliopoulou-Georgudaki J., 2008. Gathering environmental data for educational purposes: The NATURA 2000 network as a tool for intensifying environmental awareness in certain target groups in Greece. Journal of International Scientific Publications – Ecology and Safety 2, 225-232.