- BSc in Biology, University of Athens (1984-1988)
- PhD in the Department of Biology, University of Athens (1988-1992)
- PhD in the Department of Biology, University of Athens (1999-2011)
He has attended special training courses in:
- GIS and its application in Integrated Coastal Zone Management at the Coastal Zone Institute of the University College of Cork, Ireland,
- Aquaculture in coastal zone “Modern Aquaculture in the Coastal Zone-Lessons and Opportunities” organized by NATO in Porto, Portugal 13-17 Sept 1998,
- Coastal Risk Management and Planning, organized by ICOD Foundation in Valetta, Malta 2-6 Nov 1998,
- Application of ISO14001-14014 regarding environmental protection, internal inspection of environmental management systems, international external inspection, in the seminar
- “Training of inspectors for environmental management ISO14000” organized by EUCAT SA/CMC International SA in Athens, Greece 25-30 June 2000,
- Social and bio-economic analysis of fisheries and environmental data at the University of Maryland at College Park, Fullbright 2001-2002,
- Post graduate training in Financial Management of small and medium scale enterprises, University of Athens, interdepartmental training program, 2002-2003,
- Post graduate training in socio-economic analysis of fisheries and econometrics in CEMARE institute University of Portsmouth, England, 2003,
- Post graduate training in Financial Law, University of Athens, interdepartmental training program, 2003-2004,
- Training in ISO 14001:2004 from ELOT, 2005.
During 1988 – 1994, he was a freelance fish biologist working for private aquaculture farms.
During 1994 – today, he worked as a researcher at the Institute for Marine Biological Resources of the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research
During 1996, he was appointed lecturer at the University of Thessaly in the Department of Ichthyology & Aquatic Environment for the course of Aquaculture.
At present he is Senior Researcher (grade A) at the Institute of Marine Biological Resources and Inland Waters of the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research.
He has research interests on fisheries biology of coastal species, population dynamics of coastal fisheries, lagoon management, Integrated Coastal Zone Management. He has participated in 60 national and international projects and co-ordinated 21 International/National projects.
He serves on the Editorial Board of the journals:
- Journal of Aquaculture in the Tropics
- American Journal of Experimental Agriculture
He is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Animals and their Production, Mehta Press.
He has organized-coordinated 5 Workshops.
He has contributed more than 60 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 12 books and book chapters, as well as more than 70 other publications (i.e., conference proceedings, special publications, newspaper and magazine articles) and co-authored more than 100 technical reports.
- Glamuzina L, Conides A, Mancinelli G, Glamuzina B (2021) A comparison of traditional and locally novel fishing gear for the exploitation of the invasive atlantic blue crab in the eastern adriatic sea. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, 9 (9), art. no. 1019.
- Dobroslavić T, Conides A, Sulić Šprem J, Glamuzina B, Bartulović V (2021) Reproductive strategy of spiny gurnard lepidotrigla dieuzeidei blanc and hureau, 1973 from the south-eastern adriatic sea. Acta Adriatica, 62 (1), pp. 49-62.
- Mentzafou A, Conides A, Dimitriou E (2020) Climate change assessment impacts on the coastal area of maliakos gulf, Greece. Journal of Water and Climate Change, 11 (4), pp. 1235-1249.
- Zoulias T, Papadopoulos A, Conides A. (2019) An ecological evaluation using fisheries landings time-series data: A case study of two coastal lagoons in the Ionian sea (E. Mediterranean, Greece). Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 216, pp. 229-239.
- Prusina I, Dobroslavić T, Glamuzina L, Conides A, Bogner D, Matijević S, Glamuzina B (2017) Links between epibenthic community patterns and habitat characteristics in the Parila lagoon (Croatia). Journal of Coastal Conservation, 21 (6), pp. 813-828.
- Rodrigues Garcia J, Conides AJ, Rodriguez Rivero S, Raicevich S, Pita P, Kleisner KM, Pita C, Lopes PFM, Roldán Alonso V, Ramos SS, Klaoudatos D, Outeiro L, Armstrong C, Teneva L, Stefanski S, Böhnke-Henrichs A, Kruse M, Lillebø AI, Bennett EM, Belgrano A, Murillas A, Pinto Sousa I, Burkhard B, Villasante S. (2017) Marine and coastal cultural ecosystem services: Knowledge gaps and research priorities. One Ecosystem, 2, art. no. e12290.
- Glamuzina L, Conides A, Mancinelli G, Dobroslavić T, Bartulović V, Matić-Skoko S, Glamuzina B (2017) Population dynamics and reproduction of mediterranean green crab carcinus aestuarii in Parila Lagoon (Neretva estuary, adriatic sea, Croatia) as fishery management tools. Marine and Coastal Fisheries, 9 (1), pp. 260-270.
- Oen, AM, Bouma GM, Botelho M, Pereira P, Haeger-Eugensson M, Conides A, Przedrzymirska J, Isaksson I, Wolf C, Breedveld GD, Slob A (2016) Stakeholder involvement for management of the coastal zone. Integrated environmental assessment and management, 12 (4), pp. 701-710
- Conides, A., Klaoudatos, D., Glamuzina, B., Dulčić, J. (2016) Observations on the foraging behaviour of adult broodstock European sea bass, Dicentrarchus labrax in captivity and conceptualisation for the farming of the species. Acta Adriatica, 57 (1), pp. 107-114.
- Pavličević, J., Glamuzina, L., Conides, A., Savić, N., Rozić, I., Klaoudatos, D., Kazić, A., Glamuzina, B. Pikeperch, Sander lucioperca Invasion in the Neretva River Watershed (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia) After Alteration of River Flow (2016). River Research and Applications, 32 (5), pp. 967-974
- Zaucha J, Conides A, Klaoudatos D, Norén K (2016) Can the ecosystem services concept help in enhancing the resilience of land-sea social-ecological systems? Ocean and Coastal Management, 124, pp. 33-41.
- Klaoudatos D, Conides A, Klaoudatos S (2016) Artificial recruitment in coastal zone management. Coastal Fishes: Habitat, Behavior and Conservation, pp. 1-62.
- Tomšić S, Conides AJ, Aničić I (2015) Growth and gonad changes in stony sea urchin, Paracentrotus lividus (Lamark, 1816) fed artificially formulated feed and benthic macrophyte diet. Nase More, 62 (2), pp. 85-90.
- Lucchetti A, Buglioni G, Conides A, Klaoudatos D, Sartor P, Sbrana M, Teresa Spedicato M, Stamatopoulos C (2015) Technical measures without enforcement tools: Is there any sense? A methodological approach for the estimation of passive net length in small scale fisheries. Mediterranean Marine Science, 16 (1), pp. 82-89.
- Glamuzina B, Pešić A, Joksimović A, Glamuzina L, Matić-Skoko S, Conides A, Klaoudatos D, Zacharaki P (2014) Observations on the increase of wild gilthead seabream, Sparus aurata abundance, in the eastern Adriatic Sea: problems and opportunities. International Aquatic Research, 6 (3), pp. 127-134.
- Glamuzina L, Conides A, Prusina I, Ćukteraš M, Klaoudatos D, Zacharaki P, Glamuzina B (2014) Population structure, growth, mortality and fecundity of palaemon adspersus in the Parila lagoon (Croatia, SE Adriatic Sea) with notes on the population management. Turkish Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 14 (3), pp. 677-687.
- Klaoudatos DS, Conides AJ, Anastasopoulou A, Dulčić J (2013) Age, growth, mortality and sex ratio of the inshore population of the edible crab, Cancer pagurus in South Wales (UK). Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 29 (3), pp. 579-586.
- Klaoudatos DS, Anastasopoulou A, Papaconstantinou C, Conides AI (2012) The greek experience of artificial reef constructionand management. Journal of Environmental Protection and Ecology, 13 (3 A), pp. 1647-1655.
- Guillen J, Maynou F, Floros C, Sampson D, Conides A, Kapiris K (2012). A bio-economic evaluation of the potential for establishing a commercial fishery on two newly developed stocks: The Ionian red shrimp fishery. Scientia Marina, 76 (3), pp. 597-605.
- Conides, A.J., Nicolaidou, A., Apostolopoulou, M., Thessalou-Legaki, M. (2012) Growth, mortality and yield of the mudprawn upogebia pusill from western greece. Acta Adriatica, 53 (1), pp. 87-103.