- BSc in Ichthyology, Technical School of Ichthyology and Fisheries of Messolonghi, Greece (1988)
- Post –graduate Diploma in Education, PATES/ SELETE, Athens, Greece (1990)
- BSc in Biology, Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece (1995)
- PhD in the Department of Biology, Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece (2005)
She has attended special training courses in Methodological advancements in Applied Fish Reproductive Biology, Age determinations of elasmobranchs and other bony fish, Single-species Length based Stock Assessment Methods, Indicators of Environmental Performance of the common Fisheries Policy, Analysis of metapopulations, Histological techniques.
Since February 2020 she holds a position as Main Researcher at the Institute of Marine Biological Resources and Inland Waters of the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research with a great experience as a Fisheries Biologist.
She has research interests on Fish biology issues and especially on reproductive biology (histological study of reproduction, oocyte development patterns, reproductive strategies, fecundity, indicators of reproduction, maturity ogives, etc.), feeding ecology and age and growth of demersal and pelagic fish species. She has also research interests on deep-fish species, Elasmobranches biology and ecology, biodiversity and Ichthyoplankton taxonomy and ecology. Marine litter (on seafloor and biota) is another field of her scientific interests /activities through her involvement in relevant scientific projects (e.g. DeFishGear, Plastic Busters, MSFD, DeepEastMed) and a numerous of publications and activities.
She has participated in more than 30 international and national scientific projects as well as several Workshops e.g. ICES, FAO. She has organized-coordinated more than 5 international Workshops/Seminars and workshops /seminars within the framework of scientific projects.
She is member of the Hellenic Zoological Society, Hellenic Society of Ichthyologists and PanHellenic Society of Technologist Ichthyologists (Elected Member in the organization committee of the Panhellenic Society of Technologists Ichthyologists for the period 1991-1994). She is currently the IMBRIW responsible for the implementation of Descriptor 10 of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive concerning the occurrence of marine litter in biota and on the seafloor under a Good Environmental Status by 2020. Dr. Anastasopoulou is member of the Greek National delegate for D10 of MSFD at TG on Marine Litter. She acts currently as Review Editor of the Journal Frontiers in Marine Science at the thematic topic “Deep-Sea Environments and Ecology”.
She has acted as chairperson or moderator, and was an invited speaker, in sessions dedicated to topics of her expertise in international conferences and workshops and summer schools. Since 2009 she has been giving lectures relevant to her expertise to postgraduate courses of the University of Athens and by 2022 at the University of Thessaly. Additionally, she has supervised students for internships, for BSc, MSc and PhD theses.
She has contributed more than 45 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 4 book chapters, as well as more than 100 other publications (i.e., conference proceedings, special publications, newspaper and magazines) and co-authored 80 technical reports. She is scientific evaluator of several peer review journals, conferences and proposals.
- Politikos DV, Petasis G, Chatzispyrou A, Mytilineou C, Anastasopoulou A (2021) Automating fish age estimation combining otolith images and deep learning: The role of multitask learning. Fisheries Research, 242: 106033. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2021.106033
- Mahé K, MacKenzie K, Ider D, Massaro A, Hamed O, Jurado‐Ruzafa A, Gonçalves P, Anastasopoulou A, Jadaud A, Mytilineou Ch, Randon M, Elleboode R, Morell A, Ramdane Z, Smith J, Bekaert K, Amara R, de Pontual H and Ernande B, 2021. Directional Bilateral Asymmetry in Fish Otolith: A Potential Tool to Evaluate Stock Boundaries? Symmetry 2021, 13, 987. https://doi.org/10.3390/sym13060987
- Chatzyspirou A, Gubili C, Touloumis K, Karampetsis D, Kioulouris S, Anastasopoulou A, Christidis A, Peristeraki P, Batjakas I, Koutsikopoulos C (2021) Life‑history traits of the marbled electric ray, Torpedo marmorata Risso, 1810, from the Greek Seas, north‑eastern Mediterranean Sea. Environ Biol Fish. Environ Biol Fish. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10641-021-01174-9
- Carbonara P, Zupa W, Anastasopoulou A, Bellodi A, Bitetto I, Charilaou C, Chatzispyrou A, Elleboode R, Esteban A, Follesa M C, Isajlovic I, Jadaud A, García-Ruiz C, Giannakaki A, Guijarro B, Kiparissis S E, Ligas A, Mahé K, Massaro A, Medvesek D, Mytilineou Ch, Ordines F, Pesci P, Porcu C, Peristeraki P, Thasitis I, Torres P, Spedicato M T, Tursi A, Sion L, (2019) Explorative analysis on red mullet (Mullus barbatus) ageing data variability in the Mediterranean. Scientia Marina 83S1: 271-279 https://doi.org/10.3989/scimar.04999.19A
- Politikos D V, Tsiaras K, Papatheodorou G, Anastasopoulou A (2020) Modeling of floating marine litter originated from the Eastern Ionian Sea: Transport, residence time and connectivity. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 150: 110727. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2019.110727
- Fernández Ojeda C and Anastasopoulou A (2019) Plastic ingestion by blue shark Prionace glauca in the South Pacific Ocean (south of the Peruvian Sea). Marine Pollution Bulletin, 149: 472-476. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2019.110501
- Kousteni V, Anastasopoulou A and Mytilineou Ch (2019) Life-history traits of the striped red mullet Mullus surmuletus (Linnaeus, 1758) in the south Aegean Sea (eastern Mediterranean). JMBA, 99: 1417-1427. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0025315419000353
- Chatzispyrou A, Aroni M, Lefkaditou E, Kapiris K, Giovos I, and Anastasopoulou A (2019) Some Biological Information on a Female Kitefin Shark, Dalatias licha (Bonnaterre, 1788) stranded in the Laconikos Gulf of Greece (SE Ionian Sea). Turkish Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 19, 1069-1072. http://doi.org/10.4194/1303-2712-v19_12_09
- Ronchi F, Galgani F, Binda F, Mandić M, Peterlin M, Tutman A, Anastasopoulou A, Fortibuoni T (2019) Fishing for Litter in the Adriatic-Ionian macroregion (Mediterranean Sea): strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Marine Policy, 100: 226-237
- Vasilakopoulos P, Maravelias C D, Anastasopoulou A, Kapiris K, Smith C J, Kalogirou S (2019) Premium small scale: the trap fishery for Plesionika narval (Decapoda, Pandalidae) in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. Hydrobiologia, 826 (1): 279-290. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10750-018-3739-0
- Bodbar L, Kapiris K, Kalogirou S, Anastasopoulou A (2018) First evidence of ingested plastics by a high commercial shrimp species (Plesionika narval) in the Eastern Mediterranean. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 136: 472-476 .
- Anastasopoulou A, Mytilineou Ch, Smith C J, Papadopoulou K-N (2019) Crustacean prey in the diet of fishes from deep waters of the Eastern Ionian Sea. JMBA, 99(1): 259-267. doi:10.1017/S0025315417001977
- Anastasopoulou A, Mytilineou Ch, Makantasi P, Smith C J, Lefkaditou E, Papadopoulou K N (2018) Life history aspects of two species of the Squalus genus in the Eastern Ionian Sea. JMBA, 98(4) : 937-948.
- Anastasopoulou A, Torre M, Mytilineou Ch (2018) First observations on diet and feeding strategy of boarfish, Capros aper (Actinopterygii: Perciformes: Caproidae), in the Eastern Ionian Sea (Central Mediterranean). Acta Ichthyologica et Piscatoria, 48 (1): 99–103. DOI: 10.3750/AIEP/02327
- Anastasopoulou A, Kovač Viršekb M, Bojanić Varezić D, Digka N, Fortibuoni T, Koren Š, Mandić M, Mytilineou Ch, Pešić A, Ronchi F, Šiljić J, Torre M, Tsangaris C, Tutman P (2018) Assessment on marine litter ingested by fish in the Adriatic and NE Ionian Sea macro-region (Mediterranean). Marine Pollution Bulletin, 133: 841-851. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2018.06.050
- Digka N, Tsangaris C, Torre M, Anastasopoulou A, Zeri C (2018) Microplastics in mussels and fish from the Northern Ionian Sea. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 135: 30-40. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2018.06.063
- Mahé K, Ider D, Massaro A, Hamed O, Jurado-Ruzafa A, Gonçalves P, Anastasopoulou A, Jadaud A, Mytilineou Ch, Elleboode R. Ramdane Z, Bacha M, Ernande B, Amara R, dePontual H (2018). Can directional bilateral asymmetry in otolith morphology 1 influense fish stock discrimination based on otolith shape analysis? ICES Journal of Marine Science, fsy 163, doi:10.1093/icesjms/fsy163
- Anastasopoulou A, Makantasi P, Kapiris K, Smith C J, Maravelias C and Kalogirou S (2017) Reproductive biology of Plesionika narval in the SE Aegean Sea (Eastern Mediterranean). Mediterranean Marine Science, 18/3, 454-467. http://dx.doi.org/10.12681/mms.2076
- Anastasopoulou A, Mytilineou Ch, Smith E C J, Papadopoulou K N (2013) Plastic debris ingested by deep-water fish of the Ionian Sea (Eastern Mediterranean). Deep-Sea Research I, 74: 11-13.
- Anastasopoulou A, Mytilineou Ch, Lefkaditou E, Dokos J, Smith C J, Siapatis A, Bekas P and Papadopoulou K N (2013) Diet and feeding strategy of blackmouth catshark Galeus melastomus in the deep-waters of the Eastern Mediterranean. Journal of Fish Biology, 83:1637-1655.