Starting/ending date: 1998-2001 (36 months)
Financing: 34.864 €
Dr M.Th. Stoumboudi, Inland Waters
Lagoon Information System.
- To provide an information system for the support of the administration, district authorities, producers, researchers and policy makers involved in lagoon management in Greece.
- To evaluate the socio-economic links between fisheries production and other human activities (agriculture, industry, urbanisation, irrigation etc.).
- Collection and evaluation of data concerning fisheries, agroeconomy, environment and local legislation in effect.
- Development of a new database which will contain the above information.
- Connection of the new database with the existing databases which covers marine fish resources. The dissemination of the information using Geographic Information Systems and Web technology.